Thursday, February 24, 2011

Target taking over Zellers

If you are a cross border shopper, you will be happy to hear that Target is moving to Canada from the US. Target will be taking over Zellers and plan to eventually open 200 to 250 outlets across Canada. Beginning in 2013, they will start off with opening 100 to 150 Target stores. For the Zeller locations that are not being converted to Target, they will be sold off.
I for one will be sad to see Zellers go, I have been a big supporter of Zellers in Huntsville. They always seemed to have something I wanted at a discount price. However, I am curious to see what Target has to offer. Target claims to be a "hipper version of Walmart" and more higher end.

Courtesy of The Financial Post

Target also plans to 'woo' Canadian customers with an offer of 5% off every shopping trip when you use the Target credit and debit card - not a bad incentive.

There has been no word yet if they will be opening any Target stores in Ottawa - I'm fairly certain there will be at least one.  And you can bet I will be checking it out for bargains and buying clothes there so I can be a "hipper version of Walmart".
 

No comments:

Post a Comment