Thursday, February 17, 2011

Benefit - Confessions of a Concealaholic: Younger Looking Eyes

As I'm aging I'm looking for ways to make my eyes look younger without going under the knife or Botox. I'm under 40 and I'm sick of people saying that I look tired - I'd rather them say "hey you look good for 38" or "you're 38, I thought you were 28!". So I have been on a crusade to find products to make me look younger. I found one makeup product that I believe make my eyes look brighter and more youthful, it is called "Confessions of a Concealaholic" by Benefit Cosmetics.  This is a concealer and brightening kit that contains multiple products.
The Kit Contains

That Gal: Brightening face primer.
Erase Paste: Brightening camouflage for eyes and face 
Boi-ing Concealer 01 Light:  For concealing fair complexions.
Boi-ing Concealer 02 Medium: For concealing medium complexions.
Eye Bright: Pale pink instant eye brightener.
Lemon Aid: Sheer pale yellow color correcting eyelid primer
Brushes: Labelled for each product.
Booklet: Step-by-step lesson .


The two products I believe that made a difference were the Eye Bright and Lemon Aid products. The Eye Bright applied at the corners of your eye and below your eyebrow definitely perk up your eyes with a youthful pink hue. Lemon Aid, is a yellow tinted eyelid primer and when spread evenly over your eyelids make them look refreshed and not so tired.

The Boi-ing concealer products do their job, they conceal all of your imperfections and Erase Paste helps decrease the look of dark circles under the eyes. I was excited to use That Gal, the brightening face primer with a pink hue but it doesn't make me look as radiant as it claims. I believe if you have paler skin, it would work for you.

I have been using these products for about a week now and I noticed noone has said that I look tired. However, I'm still waiting for people to say I look younger - maybe Botox will be in my future.

You can find Confessions of a Concealaholic at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart, Murale or online at Benefit Cosmetics.



No comments:

Post a Comment