Monday, November 8, 2010

Three Bakers and A Bike

Three Bakers and A Bike is a little bakery/restaurant on Wellington right by Bridgehead. This is one of my favourite spots to have lunch with the kids and my Mother-in law because of the nice, friendly atmosphere and affordable lunches. The kids love going here, but it's more for the cupcakes.

They have these perfect mini sized cupcakes that let you "cheat" a little without feeling that guilty. I noticed lots of preteens and teenagers quite frequent this place buying cupcakes at lunch.  If you like their cupcakes, they also make yummy birthday cakes in all different sizes.

If you do go their for lunch, the Friday vegetarian chili is very filling and delicious and the bread is to die for -nothing like fresh, soft bread. Any other day they offer the Soup of the Day and various sandwiches. My kids usually get a grilled cheese and it always comes with a plate full of fresh veggies (which Mom likes).

One thing I don't get a chance to do is grab breakfast at Three Bakers - I've heard its a great place for that too.

I should add, another aspect I like about this place is that all their plates, cups and saucers don't match. I heard they buy all their place settings at St Vincent's - which is kind a cool I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment